Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

AEM Infinity 508 Drive-by-Wire wiring options

EFI Wiring Fundamentals

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Motorsport Wiring Fundamentals

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello,

The not so great Inifinity documentation for the DBW pedal position sensor shows an example from a GM vehicle. This has a 6 wire, 2 redundant sensor input 1 & 2. I'm using a 04-08 Acura/Honda TSX 6 pin pedal position sensor. However, on the 508 I need to use one of the Sensor Signal input wires for my AC Compressor Switch control. In order to use all 6 pins the way AEM diagram suggests, I'd lose AC compressor control.

I hate to not have the redundancy, but is it possible to use just one bank of the Pedal sensor? In my case the last 3 wires from the AEM below (CI-24, 70, & 50)

Pedal position

AEM CI-23 - Sensor Ground >>> Available

AEM CI-69 - Sensor Signal >>> AC Compressor Switch

AEM CI-49 - 5 volt reference >>> Available

AEM CI-24 Sensor Ground >>> Acura Pedal Pin 2 or 5

AEM CI-70 Pedal Sensor Signal >>> Acura Pedal Pin 3 or 6

AEM CI-50 5 volt reference >>> Acura Pedal Pin 1 or 4

I'm using the 508 in a 6 cylinder configuration unfortunately. I don't think this is an issue if I went with the 506 but already have the 508 in-hand.

No, DBW needs to have dual inputs for both pedal position and throttle blade position for safety reasons. Figure out another way to import your A/C compressor switch, or swap your ECU for one with enough I/O for the job you need it to do.

Thanks David. I should know better in the first place than try to remove the redundancy in the DBW.

Since I need to use all 6 wires for the pedal sensor inputs, I need to find an alternative AEM AC Input wire for my AC Compressor Switch which is currently on CI-69. The AEM Analog AC input options appear to only be Analog 16, 18, 19 & Digital5

Current Setup

Analog 16 >>> UEGO Lambda 2nd bank sensor

Analog 18 >>> Needed for DBW

Analog 19 >>> Currently used for AC input (but needed for DBW)

Digital5 >>> Clutch Switch

Am I missing another input I can use for the AC input switch? I'm hoping someone more familiar with the AEM Infinity 508 has a clever solution. I've always found a workaround before! I have faith but my brain is too small for this one.

Well, if you used a CAN Lambda (I think these are called Lambda 3 & Lambda 4), then Analog 16 would be available for the A/C Request Input. Better Lambda data that way as well. The X-Series controller implies the Infinity ECUs will use the CAN data, but I don't see any setup in the Infinity Tuner software I have (old anyway). I would check with AEM regarding that option.

OK, looks like support for CAN lambda was added with Firmware 96.3 in 2017 (so my software is a bit old). See the Downloads page for the release notes on firmware v96.3

CAN Lambda is a great idea. Oh man.. i'm so glad you mentioned that. My harness is from Boomslang and didn't even question why they defaulted to use Analog 16 for Lambda. The UEGO I have is definitely CAN capable and all this time I thought I was pulling Lambda data through can.

A great thing to confirm! Thank you!!!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?