Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

ID2600xds struggles

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi team , I’ve just recently fitted a set of id2600xds to my SR20DET after maxing out id1700x injectors .. I have rescaled the injector pressure differential tables and flow data based on ID’s slope and offset data on the website .. I’m running a haltec elite 2500 using the NSP software .. I was able to tame the 1700’s with just a little tweaking and was able to maintain a relatively stable idle .. after fitting the 2600’s this hasn’t been the case witch is why I’m hear looking for advice on any tips or tricks to getting her somewhat stable .. car runs One Ethanol R @93% on my ECS .. I’ve tried to pull timing and lean the injection timing to gain some ground towards the linear range of the injector but nothing seems to be working for me .. even to the point where the car is hunting for AFR under light throttle loads and closed loop oscillation is occurring .. she was behaving great with the 1700’s in all aspects And now it’s like the entire tune needs to be re worked … there is something I’m not 100% sure if that maybe someone can shine some light on for me .. on ID website under the 2600 characterization data sheet there is some data (delta) %/ms that I don’t really know what to do with or where I would enter it if needed .. is this data for the non linear operating range of the injector ? I don’t have super high expectations because race car but am I asking too much to be running this large of an injector ? .. all input is welcomed and appreciated and constructive criticism is a plus .. thanks !

Have you considered staged injection, with smaller primary injectors, and save the large injectors for the secondary that is just used with higher manifold pressures.

Thanks for the reply David , I am considering staged injection at this point.. after digging deeper into this subject I have come to realize that getting this large of an injector to operate properly at extreme low pulse width is not realistic and staged injection is what I should be doing at this point .. it just sucks because I just purchased a single rail plasmaman intake last month 😭

Would it be possible to reduce the base fuel pressure a little? The nominal base is 3.0 bar, 43.5 PSI, and you could try 2.5 bar to see if that helps.

While this means your on-boost fuel pressure will be correspondingly lower, you've the overhead to cover that. It doesn't seem like they have an 'official' minimum pressure, just the nominal and maximum - http://injectordynamics.com/injectors/id2600-xds/

I don't expect it's an issue, but it doesn't hurt to flow test even new injectors, as it's not that unusual to have a small discrepancy between them, and that may be rather more significant at very low opening times.

Other than that dual, or staged, seems to be the best alternative. It's not all bad, though, as if you need to weld on new injector bosses, etc, you can place them for less compromise, and they can be the high rpm or low rpm rail.

Gord , thanks for the response .. this is a good idea and I’m going to do some testing with it and I’ll chime back in with the results

Gord , after some testing at a base pressure of 2 bar I was able to gain a stable idle at around 1300rpm .. I didn’t try to push further down than that and get greedy .. it is very apparent now that the injectors are most definitely the issue at hand as the symptoms are significantly less … Although I still had to pull timing down to about 6 degree and found the leanest point in injection timing to get it there .. the injector duty cycle at 29psi(2bar) minus 9”vacuum on the diaphragm put me right at 20psi rail pressure at 1.2-1.4% injector duty cycle at the 1300rpm +-50rpm with a happy Idle AFR around 12.5:1 still on the rich side but when I go to lean her up the duty drops and the erratic idle returns .. I think I may just barely be on the edge of the linear range with this calibration but I think for a race car it will do just fine for me .. thanks for the ideas and if ya have any more I’ll take them !

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?