Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hondata s300

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Ignition timing just can not get a good idle any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi Dionisio, I'm probably going to need a little more information to be able to help you out. What is your exact problem as idle issues may not be related to the ignition timing? What is your ignition timing doing at idle? Can you also give me some basic information about your engine setup please?

Of course b20 bottom end with a b16 head (head) skunk2 tuner cams spertech springs and retainers Ferrera 6000 flat valves boosted 6262 precision turbo. idle surges and car won’t stay on it will idle but won’t stay on if you give it gas will die as soon as u give it gas I guess it would help if I put an injector size 750 precision’s

Ok my first thought would be that your target idle speed may be a touch low. You'd normally need to raise the idle speed to suit a more aggressive cam so that's one thing to check. The next is that you may need to adjust your base idle position. Under the idle tab there is a little slider that you can move that sets the base idle valve position. You may need more bypass to get your idle stable. I'd also make sure your AFR is suitable in the idle area (I'd try targeting around 0.95 lambda), and make sure your ignition timing is stable in the low cam map in the idle region (16 degrees should be suitable).

Thank you sir everything is going well will keep you updated as the car and tune progress

Any feedback curious to know how's it going?

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?