Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hondata S300 2 Step Launch Control

Launch Control

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Launch Control

= Resolved threads

Author

How should I approach setting up a fuel & ignition launch control to do a antilag style setup without the use of an egt sensor or gauge installed??? I have the car currently setup using a fuel cut alone on the S300 & would like to use the fuel & ignition cut to generate some boost safely from a stand still. So is there a safe approach towards doing this without the use of an EGT Sensor???

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jonathan Akien

i never used an EGT on the s300 for such a case, antilag by all means is a dangerous approach unless your engine is built properly, hence you can start with small amount of fuel enrichment with retarded timing of -5 and see how much boost it will build.

EGT is nice to have but certainly not essential for configuring the launch control. I'd recommend using minimal ignition retard and creeping up on your desired target boost level. You'll get a better result if you're using ignition cut only as the fuel sustains combustion in the exhaust manifold. I'd also caution that using any launch control for extended periods of time can be dangerous due to the heat build up.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?