AEM have just added support for Mazda rotary engines to their Infinity-6 engine management line up. The Infinity can now support both 2 rotor 13B and three rotor 20B engines as well as all factory sensors (excluding FC MAF sensors). It includes staged injection support for up to three separate stages, a separate ignition map for trailing ignition split control, dual knock sensors inputs and the ability to control the OEM oil metering pump.
In addition, all factory trigger inputs are supported - This includes the early FC crank angle sensor as well as the later FD crank trigger system. Alternatively aftermarket trigger systems are also supported including multi tooth wheels with a single sync pulse, or missing tooth trigger systems that don't require a sync input.
The Infinity supports factory FD ignition systems with wasted spark leading and sequential trailing, or individual could can be fitted for full sequential control.
The Infinity ECU offers multiple boost strategies, nitrous control, map switching, traction control, launch control and multi fuel / flex fuel capability.
Key Infinity features include:
- Airflow model based (VE) tuning
- ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies start up
- Supports up to 12 injectors (2 injectors firing on single driver)
- Flex fuel compatible
- Programmable drive by wire
- Multiple programmable boost control strategies
- Programmable nitrous control
- On-the-fly map switching
- Single internal Lambda controller
- Dual knock sensing circuits
- Data logging up to 64GB, logging rate up to 1KHz/channel
- Outputs to 3rd party dashes and data loggers
- Industry leading data transfer speed (up to 480Mb/sec)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Sealed enclosure and IP67 rated comms ports