Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Motec c125 to ecu master black

CANBus Communications Decoded

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course CAN Bus Communications Decoded

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi everyone i recently bought a Motec c125 display to pair up with my ecu master. I know I can use the m800 setup but that is very limited i would like to monitor flex fuel and other inputs that are not set on the ecu. I know my only other option is to setup my own can stream and create a DBC file. Has anyone done this before and could maybe point me in the right direction? or by chance have a DBC file already built for this setup?

Jason,

I don't use that particular ECU, but setting up your own CAN stream will be the way to get exactly what you want if the default streams that ECU has available aren't giving you everything you need. Perhaps you could use a combination of the default stream plus add in what's "missing" with your own stream?

I would use the M800 stream to get most channels. Then add a user-defined dash stream, and use Tools->User Defined CAN Stream to add your additional channels. It's easy to create the MoTeC template to match -- no DBC file needed. If you want to put your C125 Config and EMU Black config into a zip file and post it here, I will add one channel to show you how it's done. You can do the rest.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?