Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Haltech Elite 2500 on Honda J series 3.5L engine

EFI Tuning Fundamentals

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course EFI Tuning Fundamentals

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi guys, we installed a Elite 2500 on a J35y engine.

The engine is turbo, using stock cam, crank sensors.

Engine work fine, except in part throttle from deceleration to accelaration.

I don't understand why but my low load fuel map need to have higher fuel injection time than the other parts

here is the calibration file

Attached Files

I had set my Fuel pressure type Input at : Map reference.

Could you inform me when it should be used?

Our fuel system is return type, and the fuel pressure regulator is boost reference to add pressure in boost conditions

thanks

Hi Garrett, apologies for the delay in replying.

I've had a look at your calibration and you're right, the base fuel table is not what I'd expect to see. To answer your specific questions first, if you're using a manifold pressure referenced fuel pressure regulator (one that is fitted in the engine bay and connected to the plenum chamber) then your Fuel Pressure Input Type should be MAP Reference. You then set the fuel pressure to whatever your actual fuel pressure is.

There's a range of aspects that you might want to look at though. First of all what injectors are you using and have you correctly? It looks like you've entered the deadtime data for ID1000's but at a differential pressure of 60 psi or 4 bar however you've listed the flow value as 1000 cc/min which should be 1180 cc/min at this pressure. If you're using a set of injectors with very poor linearity then this will affect the shape of your VE table in the low load, low pulse width area, however the EV14 based 1000 cc injectors typically aren't terrible in this regard.

You've also got a range of corrections active that will be influencing the final fuel delivery - For example you have an overall correction set to 120%, you're using an air temp correction table but have also elected to use auto air temp compensation within the main VE fuel model, there's also a curious generic compensation that you're making based on load and fuel pressure and it looks like you've trimmed 3 cylinders. I'd probably suggest you start by disabling all of the compensations with the exception of warm up and post start and see how that influences the shape of your VE table.

Get back to me and let me know how you get on.

Hi Andre, I saw that in the Haltech course, you show us 3d table for Injector flow and dead time.

My flow is 1 value only

Dead time is 2d only

thanks

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?