Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

My low budget Ford sierra p100 project with a 5cylinder 20v (b5254t)

Build Threads

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Keep everyone up to date with how your project is coming along. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Greetings from Denmark

I recently started this slow phase budget project for a new daily driver one day.

It's a ford sierra p100 from 1992 which needs a lot of care to before it can be my daily, so at the moment its all about welding rust when I have the time needed

the plans is:

around 350-400hp from a volvo 5-cylinder 2.5liter 20v (b5254t)

a multilink or double a-arm rear suspension

ford sierra rs500 front end, and fender flares

and loads more but I'm not sure yet where it's ending so won't be promising anything yet.. thinking stuff like 4x4, carbon bed etc. but lets see

I will try updating when anything new happens to this project :)

and posting some pictures of what else i got going later.

Attached Files
  • ford-sierra-p100-front-end-conversation-v2.jpg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

The new complete b5254t motor was on the weight and surprisingly heavy 289.5kgs with the pallet and automatic gearbox even though its a aluminum block

it's a 5cylinder 2.5 liter 20v turbo without vvt

Attached Files

Here is how it started with the late model front

Attached Files

Does “budget build” just mean low funds, high quality? I feel like people forget to recognize that when people say “budget build.” If you’re planning on having it be 4x4, are you keeping the same trans? Or are you gonna have to go Audi to match? If so will you need to shorten the driveshaft to make it fit? Or can you just make it work? Try to be specific with what you answer, wanna send as much love as possible to your build! Nice daily, wish I was in it man!

Hi Austin4ord first of thank you, most my friends is hating on the project, so really nice to get one on the other side ;) ...

It's low funds at the moment because i'm putting my money into one of my bmw 02 projects which i'm getting close to being done with, but it's only a original restoration project and not a restomod, so i don't think it has any interest in here :)

About the quality. its not gonna be with rocket ship materials but done with mostly used parts I'm gathering when I stumble upon the right part and price.

The plan is to keep it as low cost as possibly with parts from other cars with an ealie first production date as possibly .. because of the complex mot rules we have in denmark when it comes to custom and pullution.. it's identity as a ford p100 from 92 will be lost so they calculate the new year of birth by factoring on the year of production of various parts (swingarms, uprights, motor, brakes etc.) and therefore if i use new parts it would be under a newer euro smog law and much more.. :)

about the trans i'm not settled yet which direction i wanna go it's either gonna be a volvo m90 5-speed gearbox or an e92 m3 dct gearbox..

the 4x4 is gonna be throgh a transferbox from a diesel bmw xi, not settled which one yet. and then homemade and balanced probshaft to make it fit to the front diff.. but im up of suggestions because i'm unsure how to manage the electronics in how much torque its delivering to the front, worst case is that i make it fixed manualy. but that's not fun :)

front and rear diff is gonna be from a sierra cosworth because there is a load of gear ratios for those diffs from quaife, and then i can also use the driveshafts and uprights from a sierra cosworth as they are bolt on, and cheap to get the parts for.

7th gear in the bmw e92 dct is 1:1 so i'm gonna calculate which final drives that's gonna fit my needs on the road, I wan't to be able to cruise with high speed/low rpm on the autobahn in germany were there isn't any speed limits ;)

Got 24m2 carbon-fiber from a freind, its high quality, they use it for the wings on a windmills they are 1300grams per m2 so quite heavy, but it would be really good for the bed on the pick-up with some honeycomb in the middle to make a good floor in it

I still need a vuccum pump, bags and resin..

but that comes later, still need to weld the bed for pick up done and have a good surface before me and my buddy can make moulds for it. he is educated in making moulds and fabricating carbon fiber so its gonna be nice to know the basics of that :)

Attached Files

I have a BMW z3 "2.3" 2000 with a M52tuB25.. go figure bmw -_-

Would our engines have similar torque? Would mine at the same time be able to rev out and reach that hp goal bc of lack of concerning secondary imbalance while at the same time your B5254t would rev quicker because of a lighter rotting assembly?

P.S. Ill put one of those B5254t's in a quattro one day. LOVE the awd.. HAD a suBlueru. Need the 54 motor, 54 was my dads racing number, and now its my turn. I got 44, but gotta rep the 54 one last time. Quattro. Tweak that throttle. Make your knuckles touch your wrist. Heel to the carpet. Well sometimes, but that stuff doesn't really go away.

Cool project man, I really like seeing cool oddball stuff. Hope your project is still going well.

here is 14x of my BMW 2002´s projects. I have two more, which is not it the picture, in poor condition but they are still restorable.. the most rare of them is my two 2002 touring Tii, one sedan 2002 Tii and a single 2002 Ti from 1969 which is really rare. the rest is just regular 2002 in sedan and touring versions (e10 and e6)

then i also have a hate and love relastionship with a mercedes w123, im gonna finish one day, but now is not it. i have bought all the parts for it. to build in a almost stock condition except some old rare BBS front spoiler, a rear BBS rubber spoiler (Not NOS parts) and H&R lowering springs, but one day i'm starting up that project again,

I also have a sportster project down in one of my living rooms which is now my motorcycle workshop for my sportster :) hehe.. For the sportster i have forged 1250 pistons with teflon coated skirts, aluminium cylinders with nicasil coating from revolution performance, S1 cams, high ratio rockers 1:1725, thunderheader exhaust 2-1, barnett clutch, xb downdraft heads, DLC valves, xb oil pump for the drysumb, xb9 short stroke crank and some more godies, but this project has changed route alot and on hold untill I have the cash to build the engine for short duration use and not for everyday use as the first setup I have bought for it was intendet to be.

Attached Files

here´s a picture of the direction i want the style to be in with the sportster (just holded with whatever was laying around) hehe.. use a bit of imagination :D

https://www.hpacademy.com/assets/forum/attachments/c03578e203/harleyen.jpg

The red sierra is the donor for my sierra p100, and is now with out the front end :)

Attached Files

here´s my short stroke xb crank to the left compared to the stock on the right

Front rims and rear rims i laced in 18" with a single brake disc on the front... they are stainless rings with brass nipples and stainless wire´s from TTS (sorry for the dust) ..

Attached Files

I want to make a mold on this duck-tail rear end from my red 02 touring Tii, It´s hand made in sheetmetal back in the 80´s so when i get that mold made on it, i can put it on my agave green 02 touring, to spice it up a bit with a carbonfibre tail on it.

here´s a picture of the agave green BMW 2002 touring after repaint.

I just bought these old and rare as fuck compomotive rims i 14" for the agave green 02 touring as well, they are gonna look mint when they get a new powdercoating in white, but im a little bit ashamed of wasting money on the ronal rims you se background. theres new continentals, powdercoat and oem hubs and they are 13" so nothing fits on the new compomotives, not even the oem hub caps which were not cheap :)

Attached Files
  • 134898179_3676749119053677_1411519457432753761_n.jpg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• 135183482_1048837938860978_1548481515958461973_n.jpg

• 279772306_1032344807400933_3792872571018111974_n.jpg

• 95554401_274341750268574_6027723421519970304_n.jpg

here´s a overview of the parts i first intended to put in the sportster.

they are not going in anymore because i wanna go bigger bore, 4v heads with down draft etc.

Attached Files
  • jims-lifters-forged-piston-dlc-valves-1250ccm-nicasil-cylinders-ss-pushrods-cometic-mls.jpg

• overviev-of-some-of-the-parts.jpg

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?