Forum » Build Threads » SBC 427 Twinturbo E85

SBC 427 Twinturbo E85

Build Threads

Keep everyone up to date with how your project is coming along. 

Page 1 , 2
Author

Got a link to the actual cam card?

Not yet, This is a billet custom cam. I suppose that I will get it with the cam. I found it is extremely difficult to have contacts with performance shop or cam grinders and get some serious advices. I used to run Crane cams and they where there to help me on this one. Still waiting for Comp cam and others to wake up. The 55mm billet cores seem to be very special.

I wanted Something reliable for the street. Dyno will tell us where we are.

Here are the first parts arrived. Except the crank that will need 4 more months, the rest is on the way.

Christmas is coming !

My friend in LA got the 2 PT7675

Parts keep on coming

Rods Callies ultra I beam 6.2"

Pistons Diamond + Coating . Compression 10.75/1

Crank with 8 counter weights

I just watched the Webinar concerning the head gaskets and wonder witch type to install. I used to run the FelPro Loc Wire composite gasket at 25+ PSI.

I concider now the Cometic MLS, but would those hold for 2000hp ? I am not sure I want to install copper gaskets, coolant sealing may by borderline in winter with cold start.

That's my last big question about the setup.

I just finished intake and exhaust manifolds. The final engine assembly will start soon.

Nice fabrications, this proyect is going to see track testing or is highway porpose only ? which turbos are you going to use ?

Definitely an interesting proyect , I am following time back...

I will go to the dyno, track and highway.Would like to see some mid 8' . But this is mainly a street application

Turbos are PT7675 with the 0.96 turbine

Cylinder head air flow and turbos are capable for your HP goal, 1800 hp .

To make those cylinder heads flow around 380-400 cfm a 427 c.i engine have to spin around 8400 rpm and open the valves large quantities,

not an easy task on the engine building part of the proyect .

a 427 c.i @ 8400-8500 rpm and 25 psi of boost with your cylinder heads and the right components (camshaft, valve train, rotating assembly,etc)

could achive 1800 hp, but I think only a race car could manage all that power . Technically speaking since it is a street/strip car a little smaller

cylinder heads and turbos could be more usable , I am not saying that you are going to feel lag of torque and power on the low and mid rpm ranges ,

its impossible to feel insufficcient torque and power with that engine size ... as I say my comment is technically speaking .

Nice proyect to enjoy building and fun to test .

It could be interesting to see the cylinder heads flow/lift charts if you have it .

According to RFD the heads flow 410cfm, I measured them at just over 400cfm@0.750" on my flow Bench.

The valvetrain should do the job with T&D rocker shaft , 7/16 tappered pushrods, the springs at 300+ Lbs seat and 700+ lbs open pressure with Titanium valves (intake).

Those 2.20" valve weight 81g, compared to 128g for the 2.08" I had previoulsy in my Vic Jr heads. I start the build saturday, I will post pictures of those parts.

Keep it posting that powerful build ! post a picture of the car.

Here are some

2WD

Compared to a Bugatti Veyron Tyre

And finaly 4WD

Nice Chevelle , interesting transmission setup . There is a drag Corvette in Poland with a similar transmission setup that goes high sevens

on the quarter "VTG Corvette" also they do a some others awd V8 . I always curious what transmission package , front differentials,

transfers and gearbox is apt to resist a high hp V8 turbo engine , once I looked a build that uses awd transmission of an off road

truck , maybe thats what all those setup are with some modifications ?

Attached are some pictures of my father 67 Chevelle with a stock 350 c.i engine 240 hp going to install a hot cam, headers and

maybe if time is friendly a little head work .

Attached Files
  • 67065709_914492788887887_4634957916468674560_n.jpg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• 67224817_493070531238071_3674724742297812992_n.jpg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• 67279901_2458447944388490_6171801161775972352_n.jpg