Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)
Ends in --- --- ---
Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results.
Here is a fun project that I need some help with, I know there are literally thousands of different tuning solutions out there and I want to create a mega list that includes them all. To do so I will need your help, post below and I'll add it to the master list, be sure to include the website and if they make standalone or a reflashing solution.
Standalone Engine Management Systems
- Link | http://linkecu.com/
- ViPEC | http://www.vi-pec.com/
- MoTeC | http://www.motec.com/
- Haltech | http://www.haltech.com/
- AEM Electronics | http://www.aemelectronics.com
- HP Tuners | http://www.hptuners.com/
- EFI Live | https://www.efilive.com/
- Cobb Tuning | http://www.cobbtuning.com/
- ECUTEK | http://www.ecutek.com/
For starters... All standalones.
Nistune is in between standalone and reflashing
Standalone Engine Management Systems
-EMS | http://emsefi.com/
-KMS | http://kms.vankronenburg.nl/
-McLaren | http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/
-Megasquirt | http://megasquirt.info/
-Microtech | http://microtechefi.com/
-OBR | http://www.obr.uk.com/
Thanks Ludo and Kickerzx. Yeah Nistune is kind of in-between isn't it. Do you reckon there is a name for that category?
I would have placed Nistune as a reflashing system as it's just a chip that allows modification of factory tables. It isn't something that has been designed to work on any ecu other than nissan.
I just want mention hondata is that reflash or stanalone
Stand-alone Engine Management
MBE Systems -- Factory Website: http://www.mbesystems.com/
MBE Distributor/Support : SB Development: http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Engine_Management_Systems/ECU/MBE_ECU_Software.htm
EFI Euro: - Factory website: http://www.efitechnology.it/
EFI Euro Distributor/Support: Ole Buhl Racing - http://www.obr.uk.com/efi_engine_mngt.html
EFI Technology (EFI USA) : http://www.efitechnology.com/
I'd put Nistune into a modified OEM category. I'd also put Kalmaker into that category
Kalmaker for Australian (and some American) Delco ECU/PCMs http://www.kalmaker.com.au/ aftermarket ECU modification/software for Delco.
Stand alone ECU's:
- OMEX (branded GEMS I believe) http://omextechnology.co.uk
- Kawasaki kit ECU (based on Mitsubishi ECU)
- Yoshimura EM Pro (for Suzuki bikes)
- YEC Yamaha Kit ECU
- HRC Race ECU (for Honda bikes)
- Alpha Racing (for BMW bikes)
Piggy back ECU's:
- Power commander http://www.powercommander.com
- Rapid bike http://www.rapidbike.com
- Bazzaz http://www.bazzaz.net
- Woolich Racing http://www.woolichracing.com
- FTECU http://ftecu.com
Our Russian solution, quite popular here, because of cheap price (around 120 - 150 USD)))
ELCAR (Janvar, Micas)
Apexi PFC still in game
Mine`s reflashed ECU
Ben, how about updating the 1st post, including all answers?
Hondata is reflash not a standalone Skunkek9y10 since ur using the factory ECU to make hondata work.
TwEECer for Ford EEC-IV and EEC-V ECUs http://www.tweecer.com/ It's an add on module and applications to tune late 80s to mid 2000s Ford EEC ECUs. Similar catergory as Nistune, Kalmaker, Hondata etc.
German manufacturer Standalone / Piggyback
French manufacturer Standalone,
Sybele, Skynam ECU, also for Diesel http://www.skynam.com/
Sodemo, not sure if the still produce own ECU's http://www.sodemo.com/fr/index.php
- SCT, US-cars http://www.sctflash.com/
- Dimsport, Reflash Software and Tools http://www.dimsport.it/
- Alientech, Reflash Tool and Software http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php/en/
- Flashtec CMD, Tools for Chiptuning http://www.flashtec.ch/
here are alot ECU's listed that I don't know. http://www.race-technology.com/aftermarket_interfaces_2_7535.html
Do you like also to make a list for Dataloggers and maybe other motorsport electronic?
Hey guys, what would you consider to be the best reflashin/tuning software and hardware for:
European (VAG, BMW MB)...
Japanese (Subaru, Toyota, Nissan)
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
ECU Master (which is basically just a glorified Megasquirt 3)
Piggycrap, er, I mean back:
SCT is available for only professional tuners (well here in aus anyway)