Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Problem with Haltech PS2000 trigger setup.

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

I'm setting up a PS2000 onto Mazda2.3 engine.

Trigger type is motronic 36-1+1home.

I can't figure out the correct trigger set up,I tried to use timing light to find TDC and I finally found it, trigger angle is 60,offset 2,and locked ignition timing to 0 degrees.

When I put the light at 1# cylinder, every ignition TDC was correct,but 2#,3#,4# also timing at TDC too,2 and3 should be ignition at 180° shouldn't ignition at TDC.So the engine can't start normally.

@Andre.Simon

Attached Files

The timing mode you're using is pretty straight forward and very common so you should have no trouble. The key is to ensure that the home signal doesn't occur anywhere near the missing tooth (which it looks like you've achieved). Rather than reinvent the wheel, here's the recommendations from Haltech on setting the tooth offset and trigger angles:

1. Disable the injectors in your Fuel Setup2. Lock the Timing, you can pick any angle to lock it at so long as you have a reference. I can see your degree marking on the front cover, so pick any value that corresponds to any one of them. 10BTDC for example.3. Set the trigger angle to 60, we will fine adjust this later.4. Crank the engine and look for the timing marks with a timing light. Adjust the tooth offset until you are within 10deg (1-tooth) of your timing mark. The tooth offset is now found.5. The engine should be startable now, so Enable the injectors and fire it up.6. Adjust the trigger angle until the timing lines up perfectly on 10BTDC.7. If you find the timing is moving with changes in RPM, enable the Variable Trigger Angle and use this map to fill out different triggers angles at different RPM to keep the timing aligned.8. When you are all done, disable the Timing Lock.

With regard to every cylinder firing at TDC I'm not sure what to make of that. Perhaps it might help to post your calibration here.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?