Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Transmit CAN from AIM MXG Dash Logger to Motec M150

Off Topic Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

If it's not really about tuning or wiring. Then it belongs in here.

= Resolved threads

Author

I am converting my Mustang SN95 time attack car from a Ford Racing Control Pack to Motec M150. The car runs a Gen 2 Coyote engine, and a PPG sequential transmission. The car was previously running on the control pack and using the AIM as a dash and logger, and I have several sensors connected to the AIM. Things like oil pressure, oil temp, trans oil temp, fuel pressure and temp, and I've added AIM's wheel speed sensors at all corners. Currently the AIM is only receiving CAN messages from the FRPP Control Pack and that data is displayed and logged through the AIM. What I would like to do is both receive and transmit data between the MXG and M150. Setting up the MXG to receive data from the M150 is dead simple, but where I'm not finding much info is on transmitting CAN data from the MXG to the M150. My logic behind this is that I already have all of these sensors installed, wired, and functioning perfectly and in the interest of simplifying things (and not needing to buy new sensors to replace perfectly good sensors), I would like to just transmit this data via CAN to the M150. Can anyone point me in the direction of a webinar or documentation that might shed some light on this? I've googled for what seems days, and while there's plenty of documentation for setting up receiving Motec CAN to AIM, and also lots of information about transmitting Motec dash data via CAN to the M150, I'm not finding much regarding my unique situation.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

This is pretty easy to do. Using RS3, you configure the CAN output to send 16-bit values (Big Endian), with an 11-bit CAN ID (on the CAN bus the ECU is connected to, with the correct baud rate). You set this ID in M1 Tune for "ECU Receive CAN ID Base", and your values will be available as the resources CAN 0 Offset 0, CAN 0 Offset 2, etc.

The Help in M1 Tune for "ECU Receive" will have details on addressing and formats, and ECU Receive Message Type help mentions the scaling that is expected.

I can provide an M1 Package and AiM Configuration showing this setup to receive Brake Pressures and buttons/knobs from an AiM SW4 (which has an architecture similar to your MXG if that would be helpful). Send an email request to ferg@veracitydata.com

Hey David.... Thanks for the reply. I'll shoot you an email. I checked out your site as well, and looks like you offer a few things that I'm interested in adding to the build as things progress. So, we hopefully we can chat about that as well.

Ken

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?