Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Tuning for 10Bar Map sensor - 2010 Dodge Cummins 6.7

Practical Diesel Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Diesel Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

2010 Cummins 6.7

I am using MM3 UDC/warp tuning platform. I am trying to use a 10bar map sensor so I can get higher readings then 36PSI. I cant seem to find the Voltage to boost table to make these changes. If anyone has insight on how to do this, even if on a different platform. Any thing would be great. Thank you

Stephane,

Your best bet is to put in a request to the developers at MM3 to add this table (it does exist). Alternatively you may be able to find someone who can write definition files for the hardware you're working with (more expensive option but quicker).

Nick

Nick,

From what I can remember, Your an MM3 guy. Have you gotten MM3 to add in the table for you before? I am just wondering what is involved in doing that. Is it a complete software update or Definition file for UDC tuning software add on? I Cant seem to find where the definition files are stored in C:/ directory for UDC.

We've taken to writing our own custom definitions. It helps insulate the quality of our calibrations from the competition. For obvious reasons I cannot share those files, but I can share the directions to building custom definitions.

Below is an excerpt directly from Marco (developer of MM3/UDC)

- The .TXT files need to be placed into the "Proprietary" folder.

- The name of the .TXT file needs to be the same as the stock file name (Example: Stock file name 32370531CI.bin => 32370531CI.txt)

- Only 13 fields are permitted. All values MUST BE DECIMAL numbers!

- Comments can be inserted and must identified with //

CSV row format: a;b;c;d;e;f;g;h;i;j;k;l;m

a => Proprietary parameter, ID (numeric integer, >= 1, needs to be unique in the file)

b => Proprietary paramenter, name (not quoted alphanumeric string)

c => Proprietary parameter, type (numeric enumerator: 0 = x axis, 1 = y axis, 2 = z axis (3D); If single parameter: 3 = fixed point or 4 = floating point)

d => Proprietary parameter, connected ID X axis (numeric integer, >= 1 and must be present in the file; it defines the X axis for that Y/Z axis (2D/3D map)).

In case of a Y Axis for a Z Axis (3D) map this must be set to zero (0). If it is a single parameter (byte-word-Longword) this must be set to zero (0).

e => Proprietary parameter, connected ID Y axis (numeric integer, >= 1 and must be present in the file; it defines the Y axis for that Z axis (3D map))

If it is a single parameter (byte-word-Longword) this must be set to zero (0).

f => Proprietary parameter, absolute address as in the stock Example file (numeric integer >= 0)

g => Proprietary parameter, # of elements (numeric integer >= 0)

h => Proprietary parameter, data type (numeric enumerator: 1 = 1 byte, 2 = 2 bytes or 4 = 4 bytes)

i => Proprietary parameter, units of measure (not quoted alphanumeric string)

j => Proprietary parameter, multiplier (decimal not equal to 0, used to convert the raw HEX value into interpreted decimal)

k => Proprietary parameter, signed value or unsigned value (numeric enumerator: 0 = unsigned and 1 = signed)

l => Proprietary parameter, desired displayed minimum value (decimal)

m => Proprietary parameter, desired displayed maximum value (decimal)

Examples:

//This is an example for a single parameter defined as 1 byte.

a) Single parameter fixed point byte

1;SINGLE FIXED POINT;3;0;0;123456;1;1;VOLT;1;0;0;5

//This is an example for a single parameter defined as 2 bytes (word).

b) Single parameter fixed point word

1;SINGLE FIXED POINT;3;0;0;123456;1;2;VOLT;1;0;0;5

//This is an example for a 2D Map each value defined as 2 bytes (word).

c) 2D map fixed point word

1;X Axis;0;0;0;123456;10;2;RPM;0.125;0;0;6000

2;2D Map;1;1;0;456789;10;2;ft/lb;1;0;0;2000

//This is an example for a 3D Map each value defined as floating point 4 bytes (long word).

d) 3D map floating point long word

1;X Axis;0;0;0;123456;5;4;RPM;0.125;0;0;6000

2;Y Axis;1;0;0;456789;5;4;N/m;0.5;0;0;4000

3;3D Map;2;1;2;789123;5;4;MM3;1;0;300

That info should be gold to someone who can make use for it. It seems like UDC software has a Boost Pressure Sensor Linearization Curve table already. The counts that are there are modifiable. You have never used this nick? Would you know a good starting point to getting the proper counts for the 10bar?

""

Counts are just Voltage. That's an easy table to modify if you have a sensor data sheet. I would treat 14750 as 4.5v and 0 counts as 0v. You should be able to scale the table with this info.

1638 counts = .5v= 50kpa

14744 and up = 4.5v= 1000kpa

perfect, this is exactly what I needed to know! thanks nick!!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?