Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

05 Pontiac gto hitting rev limit at 5700

Practical Reflash Tuning

Relevant Module: Reflashing Basics > Reflash Basics > Torque Limits

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

I have an 05 Pontiac GTO that went from a stock LS2 to a ls next dart block with a 4.125 bore making about 600 hp at the crank tuner can’t seem to find out what the problem is it has the stock maf On it but keeps banging off the limiter at around 5700 cannot figure it out any help would be great, And yes try to bump the rev limiter up to 7200 but it will not do it

You're not giving a lot to work with.

Other than the short block (?), what else has been changed - head and valve springs, camshaft, engine management , anything else?

What are you using to tune it?

The greater the information you can give the better. For example, is it a hard cut? Is it at the same rpm regardless of load and gear?

Sorry Gordo I haven’t been on here in a minute but yes ported LS3 heads 388 in.³ engine cam headers engine made 600 hp at the flywheel, and yes hits limiter in every gear right at the same RPM Definitely banging off the limiter, Local tuner tuned it I was with him and turned it on the road tried everything using HP tuners still nothing just like injectors being cut out it 5800 RPM

David we really need more info. Calibration and datalog could help too.

I'm having the same problem with my 05 GTO. Too many modifications to list but acts like the limiter is set to 5700 and its not?

Lots of guesses -- MAF maxed out? Injector duty cycle protection? Some torque table limit?

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?