Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Another Phenomena from my BMW. Short Term and Long Term Fuel Trim Issues. 1999 BMW 328iS (e36)

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Dear HPA Community, I have been painstakingly been trying to data log my car's fueling and MAF scaling. I am using the Innovate Motorsports LM-2 as my data logger through OBD-II. This car has the BMW 20 Pin, OBD-I connection as well. The problem I am having is the intake track is heavily modified and I am getting a -6% or -7% for my STFT under cruising conditions. Heat soaking is has been accounted for. My LTFT is always showing .1% and it never changes. No matter what I do, I cannot get a different reading for it. I have put on the stock injectors and stock ignition system while logging. Apart from this I have an underdrive pulley kit and a clutch fan delete on the engine. The MAF is stock but everything else on the intake is modified. There is no tune on the car and the lambda values do not match the values from the file I have read from the ECU with my Alientech equipment. I am trying to start off the tuning correctly and I am puzzled as to what is going on. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached is a picture of a full throttle run and the stock lambda values side by side.

Attached Files

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?