Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Removing rear 02 sensor 2014 wrx

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello all! I currently have a stock 2014 wrx hatchback i bought as my project car to get started tuning opensource with ecuflash. I was watching Andre’s video where he is tuning a 2011 sti and he states that he removed his rear 02 sensor and disabled it through ecuflash. I am a little confused because through other forums I have been reading people are stating that once you remove your rear 02 sensor the cars AFR tends to fluctuate a lot in closed loop operation. Is there any truth to this? I know Andre stated the opposite. Am I missing something here? Any feedback helps thanks guys!!!

Not that i've heard of or seen Jason.

I removed mine on my factory ECU, and just disabled the code.

The rear sensor isn't used for fueling\O2 Control, its only used for emissions reasons

I've heard people say that too for the older 16 bit ECU Subarus but I'm seeing mixed responses on forums. Other people are saying the rear 02 in the 2.5 L wrx and sti (32 bit) is also used for fuel trim? I have no doubt it'd be fine I'd just like to know for sure!

I won't detail every possible Subaru ECU as there are nuances, but yes Jason the rear o2 sensor does have fueling impact on that ECU unless that functionality is disabled in the engine calibration, in an off road competition environment or country where it's allowed on road. You'll be very lean while cruising if this isn't accounted for.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?