Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Help

Build Threads

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Keep everyone up to date with how your project is coming along. 

= Resolved threads

Author

My 04 nissans frontier lower control arm bushing race is stuck in the sub frame how the he'll do I get it out press is a no go so drive.... its driving me crazy

Attached Files

Why can't you press or pull it out using a tool? For example, put a bolt through the bushing, thick washer close to the OD of he bushing under the head. Then on the side with the threads, route through a cup that only engages the chassis, and put a nut on the end. Now twist the nut to pull the bushing through the opening.

Now for a "thick washer", you might use a socket turned so the flat side meets the bushing, and for the "cup that only engages the chassis", you might use a cut off section of pipe with a metal plate to span the opening with hole in it as the end.

Here are some pictures of tools that might help you make something with what you have handy...

https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=suspension%20bushing%20removal%20tools

Any progress on this?

Same truck I did use a bushing press tool for this is was a bit of a challenge still but back to making boost in my pickup truck 🤣

Attached Files

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?