Forum » Build Threads » s14.5 RB25 drift car (ireland)

s14.5 RB25 drift car (ireland)

Build Threads

Keep everyone up to date with how your project is coming along. 


Page 1
Author
478 Views

hey everyone,

I'm open to all criticism, I got an s14 that had an rb25 in it, the car had been built with many years and parked up and was very dated, I had 3 days out in it and experienced a catastrophic engine failure which we diagnosed as a map issue ( detonation and running too rich) so I over hauled the RB.. I'm a mechanic in an Audi dealer but this was my first proper big power build, I made a few beginner mistakes , I really should have done the course on here first, but I made a pretty ok job of it, iv 4 days out done in the car running 480bhp (on standard manifold EXH), finances were a big issue at the time so I had to skimp on the exhaust manifold and I welded the WG into the turbo housing which I didn't want to do but I had to, I since bought a 6 boost but ill fit off season, I have 1 more round left so that upgrade will be fun.. while I had the engine out I cut off the old tub front and did the framing myself..

SPEC:

- RB25det s1 block bored to 87mm & decked block

- CP pistons 9:0 CR

- recon GTR con rods

- crank with super forma oil pump collar drive

- ACL race series bottom end bearings

- cosworth head gasket

- ARP head stud kit

- HKS 264 cams

- piper cam valve springs

- skimmed head

- greddy inlet manifold

- 550CC deutschwerk injectors

- MMP x7362r turbo with ,74 housing and 44mm WG welded to housing

- splitfire coils and bcr8es plugs

- N1 oil pump and N1 water pump

Attached Files

Nice one Shane! She looks pretty good to me. As a learning exercise, can you tell me what beginner mistakes there are?

Thanks for sharing the build, hope to see some more updates and dyno graphs :)

Thanks Matt.. Mistake #1 being that after I had head on and timed it I cranked by hand, oil pressure getting to head , had to take all off again to discover while the block was stripped 2 out of 3 of the oem head oil restructure were after rusting / siezing closed so had to remove them and fit non one way valve oil feed restrictors 2 of them I got made with 1.25mm hole each .. Second was initially I never upgraded valve springs, the oem ones were floating (luckily valves never met Pistons) but on / off throttle I was losing compression, after that I fitted the piper ones , I did so with the head installed I made a tool kit from scrap steel here and filled cylinder with rope so the bake wouldn't drop .. Here is the pic of the dyno run with the valves bouncing

Attached Files

first year but I'm getting there :D

[color=#0563c1; font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium]https://www.grumblo.com/video/13692[/color]

who mapped ur car seems too sound like its rightly done

Hmmmm, that thing loves the limmy :-).

Sorry about the late replies guys ..

joe power of TDR performance here in Ireland, currently working out of stone Motorsport, it's on home mixed e50 fuel, driving like a dream ..

It it does like limiter