Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Motec M150 - Surging on decel. New car setup

EFI Tuning Fundamentals

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course EFI Tuning Fundamentals

= Resolved threads

Author

I have a 2015 Camaro with a new power train being controlled by a Motec M150, which I am still learning the tuning aspect of. Base tune is in the car and it has had some dyno time but the tune still requires some work. It runs alright but I have noticed that on decel after accelerating or cruising under power, the car goes into strong surging into I put my foot back onto the accelerator the lightest amount. What do I need to adjust in M1Tune to get rid of the surging?

We will need to look at your M1 Package and probably a logged data file showing the problem. If you just download logged data from the M1, and upload the resulting .ld file, then we can extract the M1 Package from that file so you don't have to upload both.

I would guess that perhaps your idle control (assuming Drive-By-Wire) is probably trying to reduce the engine speed, when you just want to coast / cruise). Look in M1 Tune->Engine Systems->Idle Aim at the Idle Aim Ramp Down Limit, and the the Idle Activate Engine Speed Margin.

Another likely possibility, is Engine Overrun settings -- M1 Tune->Engine Systems->Engine Overrun -- particularly look at Engine Overrun Engine Speed Threshold, and read the help for that parameter -- it has to be higher than the sum of the above idle controls limits.

As David mentioned it could be a number of things and a log/tune will help us narrow it down for you. Especially when I tune 100+ mm TB GM engines on Motec it can take some time to get it all just right, but the control is there.

I will see what I can do about getting a log put together to upload for you guys to view. Another question somewhat unrelated, is there no way to save time graph data so you can re-open it at a later date to run through your fueling table and make adjustments to the tune? Everytime I am finished a logging run the time graph is only useful to me until the laptop is disconnected. What am I missing in order to re-open that run data at a late to see the fueling tables etc? I use i2 to view my logged data and there is no option to see the fueling tables while the logged data is played.

At this point in time it is not possible to save the Time Graph data, it does stay active as long as M1 Tune remains open, so you can disconnect from the M1 and keep M1 Tune open, and still use the data from that session.

Your M1 should have logging built in. While level 2 logging that allows you to specify which channels to be logged (and use faster rates) is very useful, if you don't have that, just use "Online->Retrieve Logged Data", let's it convert the file, and send us the .LD file produced. You will need to download and install I2 Standard so you can look at those log files.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?