Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hi

General Car Setup Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi thought I'd pop up and introduce myself. I've joined the course on the back of the webinar yesterday. When it comes to working on cars I'd probably say suspension and alignment is my favourite area but also the one which I have the least knowledge about. I joined up on the course because I want to try and expand this knowledge and also save myself money by not having to pay someone else to set my car up.

I run a 2011 Mini R56 JCW as my track car and want to be able to set this up myself to drive how I want it and not how someone else thinks it should drive. I'll post up a build thread when I've got a bit more free time (apparently I'm a key worker so currently typing this up from the office).

With the Mini the front is a conventional Macpherson Strut setup however the rear is independent trailing arms utilizing upper and lower control arms for toe and camber adjustment which I don't have a clue how to approach.

I've also got a 2002 Clio 172 Cup that I'm in the process of rebuilding however just as a standard road car and I run a Saab 9-3 Aero as my daily.

I like to think that I've got a fairly good basic knowledge when it comes to cars in general however want to start making my knowledge more indepth. Currently I only do track days rather than racing but still enjoy being able to get the most from my cars.

I've got a block of days off next week so will start going through the course properly then. Can't wait!

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the team, it sounds like you have a good base knowledge to build on which will stand to you. I'd be interested in seeing more about your car when you post your build tread and how they handle after you set it up. Be sure to keep us posted!

If you have any questions at all be sure to ask us here, there is a lot of knowledgable people that will get you on the right path.

Brandon

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?