Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Caldina 540cc injector lag times power fc

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello first time posting.

Using the lockdown time to learn how to tune using fc edit.

I'm upgrading my injectors to 540cc "assam"? Blue high impedance topfeed injectors from a caldina gtt.

I understand how to change the injector size from 340cc to 540cc. But what do I put in the column next to the injector size the "settings"?

Also does anyone have the lag times for the new injectors or know where to find them. I cant even find details on the injector brand "assam" if that's how you spell it or are they just denso's?

All help appreciated thanks.

Hi Marcel,

Do you have a part number off the injectors? Generally most Toyota injectors are Denso.

Finding dead times for stock injectors can prove to be very difficult or sometimes impossible. Then it only leaves you to work it out yourself (needing the correct test equipment) or having to make a best guess/leave as is and compensate in the map.

Being a Power FC with limited functionality and not doing things like flex fuel, torque demands etc it won't be a make or break. But if you can get the data it is always preferred!

Thanks for your reply. The part number is 23250-74200. I didnt realise that they were denso injectors. I found that the column next to the injector size is injector lag correction.

I've also seen that alot of people just leave the lag times and injector correction times as defult so I might just start there.

Attached Files

Ideally we would like accurate dead time data but without this I would suggest you might need to use the default dead time table. It won't be right and will have an affect on the tune accuracy but with no data you have little options. Dead time has a much greater affect at idle and small pulse widths and progressively less as the pulse width increases. If you find the idle and light throttle areas have a massive step in values in your fuel table, you can try alter the dead time to smooth it out. It will effect your whole tune though.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?