Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

DBW controlled by M130

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi there

Im currently replacing my hypertune (cable ) with DBW ( will be fitted on hypertune intake )

I was woundring which dbw throttle will be the best and easy to tune with Motec M130 i need something will preforme good as idle control

also i was woundring would hypertune intake accept the throttle or do I need to fabricate a new flange

What is the engine and vehicle?

Its Toyota Landcruiser 100series with 1FZFE engine

regards

I don't know about the Hypertune manifold fitment, but I like using the throttles from GM LS engines when possible. The shape of the housing makes for better airflow resolution between 0-30% blade angle compared to a traditional perfectly circular design.

Youn really need to decide on what size throttle blade you need which is going to be driven by how much airflow you expect from the engine. Hypertune make use of the popular Bosch Motorsport DBW throttle bodies but these only go up to 82 mm in size. Beyond that I'd look at the GM LS throttle bodies. Either way you'll almost certainly need a new flange or at least an adaptor flange.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?