Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

EVo 4/5/6 IC-7 Fuel level Calibration

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey there everyone.

I installed an IC-7 dash into my Evo 4, and the installation went pretty well, with the exception of the fuel level.

So first and foremost, in case anyone else ever installs an IC-7 into an Evo 4/5/6, here are the wires you have to tap into:

B-09 Connector (top):

LH turn signal is Pin 10 - Green

RH turn signal is Pin 14 - Green with Red stripe

The fuel gauge is pin 3 - Red with a White stripe

B-08 Connector (left):

High Beam is pin 45 - Red with a Yellow stripe

The parking light is pin 38 - Green with a White stripe

The Parking Brake switch is pin 46 - Black with a Red stripe

The car in question, Evo 4, Haltech Elite 1000, Haltech WBO1 a new Mitsubishi block, with a Tomei 2.3 stroker kit installed, Tomei Type R PonCams, HKS GT3 Trubo, FIC 1200cc injectors, supporting mods of course.

Everything works as it should, except the fuel indication. I found another post where it was said that Evo's are 90 - 0 ohm, and that 0V is full and 1.46 volts is empty, Pullup is enabled. With the factory cluster installed, I read between 1/2 and 3/4 tank of fuel currently. With the IC7 and only the ignition on, I read a steady 0.3V which translates to about 80% fuel level. When the engine is running, the voltage is all over the place, bouncing erratically between 0.00V to 0.5V, which makes the fuel gauge essentially unusable.

I have tried disabling pullup, no fix. I have also applied smoothing at 5000ms, just to keep the fuel % from absolutely going ballistic.

I have to figure out what is causing the voltage to be this erratic, before I even attempt to calibrate the unit to my specific tank, as right now, within 20 seconds of turning the car on, my fuel level starts rising until it hits 95%

I am all ears for any suggestions on how to rectify this.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Hey Phil,

Check the firmware version of the dash.

I had a similar issue until i updated the firmware, there was 2 different hardware versions of the dash, and the version 2 hardware had an extra resistor option to enable a 240 Ohm resistor and also i found the smoothing option actually worked properly.

Just make sure you re calibrate after updating

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?