Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Gen 3 ls 2006 chevy silverado 2500 stage 2 summit cam

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Need some help here friend if mine did a cam swap it seems to run very well trouble is he does not want a lopey rough idle not sure on the cam specs but its a stage 2 summit cam it starts and runs fine just the idle is rough i cant get my lc2 wideband to work with hp tuners scanner i had it set up before but now it wont work but no matter what i do to it stft is around -10 -15 can anyone help with this.

raise the idle speed.

Ok i tried adjusting the idle air flow but its still rich at idle how much rpm shouldni give it i m9ved it from 550 to 650

Take a look at this webinar. It mentions that LS engines with large cams might need 800 - 850 RPM for idle....

https://www.hpacademy.com/previous-webinars/217-idle-tuning-hp-tuners-gmhp-tuners/

If its the summit 8707 cam it's quite a bit more aggressive than stock. Try 800rpm idle, AFR around 13.5, and a bit more timing than stock.

Thanks guys for the help Ill try 800 was worried about being up aginst the torque converter if so i might have to have him out in a stall

Ok i just tried the 800rpm idle i did the histogram for idke air flow and i have 22 degrees of timing but its still having a -7 stft how do i change the target afr to 13.5 and im still having troubke getting my lc2 to log into the scanner

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?