Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hondata S300 / H22A engine, March 16th, Dyno tuning process.

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi everyone!

In march 16th, Thursday, I will Have a tuning session for my car, Honda H22A / Hondata S300, I would like to participate in a drag race event on sunday, here in Panama City.

I have a couple of question about some configurations at tuning process.

- Fuel Table, its are based in injectors time (ms)? really this is not relevant, but would like to know if exits some difference or any consideration that should take care before tune this kind of table.

- The series must be arranged in 500rpm increment and 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100Kpa ?

- Vtec fuel table / Vtec Ignition table, should I copy the values from one table to the other, after tune the main table?

- Vtec point, some ideas how to get the accurate point.

I will apply the HPA 10 step course in this dyno session, will do my best try to get the best results.

I will Appreciate any suggestion,

saludos,

Raul Herrera

Attached Files

I must assume that nobody uses hondata here.

This was my results on the Dyno today, I think are not bad at all.

Attached Files
  • WhatsApp-Image-2018-03-16-at-4.46.09-PM.jpeg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• WhatsApp-Image-2018-03-16-at-4.48.22-PM.jpeg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

G'day Raul. If that's your HP at the wheels, I think you've got a pretty damn good result there! Any chance we could see pics for the entire dyno run graph?

Finding the optimum vtec switching point can be a reasonably involved process, as ideally you need to tune the engine with the vtec completely disabled, then re-tune it from around 3000rpm upwards with the vtec constantly enabled. Doing a power run with the vtec disabled, and then constantly enabled will give you two graphs to overlay, the crossing point of the power curves being your switching point. My experience is that unless the engine has been highly modified from factory, bore, stroke, cams, etc, the honda did a pretty good job with the switching point from factory :-).

Thanks for you reply Mr. Zac, I took a picture of Dyno screen but has a lot of runs, the read of the Dyno wideband are not accurate, I have a AEM wego installed and mi lambda target was 92 over 90-100 kPa.

But analisin your comment, you have all the reason because took me a lot of time got a constant lambda value between base map and vtec point interpolacion (2nd map). I'm pretty sure I will get betters results next time at dyno with your estrategy.

Thanks a lot!

Attached Files

why are you tuning the motor so lean? ive found that my power decreases with anything above 12.5 afr on pump gas

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?