Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

ID1050x

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

I am looking to find out if anyone else is having any kind of issues with rich and lean spots after installing ID1050x injectors. I've tuned 2 Evo 10's now with dead times at what ID recommends on their site and with the same dead times I have been using with the ID1000 for years! For some reason these ID1050x run rich at idle, and lean under tip-in. I have added fuel in the tip-in area and the calibration and target map. Also MAF and MAP tables. Am I missing something here?

What fuel pressure are you running, with the 1000's and the 1050x? Same?

Also, you should contact them directly. They have pre configured tables for Subaru and domestics on their site and could probaby help you with Evos. http://injectordynamics.com/injectors/id1050x/

I also suspect that the 1050x works better at higher fuel pressures but it would be better to talk to them first.

the two injectors are totally different designs internally so do require different calibration. If you check their website as Arghx7 suggests you'll see some of the data such as injector flow is different than just saying they're 1050cc

the two injectors are totally different designs internally so do require different calibration. If you check their website as Arghx7 suggests you'll see some of the data such as injector flow is different than just saying they're 1050cc

Are you logging fuel pressure? I'd be curious to see what it is under those circumstances.

Both of those instances are starting from high vacuum and so reduced absolute fuel pressure, FPR might be laggy hence the lean tip in.

Might be worth raising base fuel pressure slightly and see if it behaves much differently.

And/Or having a play around with injector timing under those conditions.

I have had the exact same experience trying to use the ID1050X with a whipple calibration. I used the plug and play ID data but the calibration does not respond well to it. Incidentally the standard calibration is for DW72 Lb injectors and Whipple is not using the published values. They use the plug and play pressure modifiers, but not the core flow, min pw, or dead time values.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?