Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Initial 2017 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Coyote Gen2 with Modifications

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

I apologize in advance for the long post. If you make it to the end, thank you for taking the time to read it and possibly help me out.

What to start by saying that I am switching from a managed tune from a remote tuner to using HP Tuners MPVI3 Interface and the VCM Suite software.

Roush CAI with 85mm MAF housing (will remove the housing for 105mm after initial MAF/Injector calibration)

Injector Clinic's 1000cc injectors (data sheet attached)

Ford Performance GT350 Voodoo intake manifold (volume = 12.56L)

I need a little help in setting up the VCM Scanner configuration including the proper graphs and chart vs. time configurations. If you have any layouts, graphs, channel configurations, charts to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

My initial thoughts are that since it as the CAI but the factory 85mm diameter, the stock MAF settings should be okay to start with. In the ECU, the Manifold Volume has a direct entry field to update the Dynamic Airflow settings. That will be set to 12.56L per the manufacture specifications and most tables will need to be updated to reflect 7500RPM peak power.

Next, I made the following changes to calibrate for the 1000cc injectors. If I am off base here, please slap my mamma's back (80s music) and let me know the best way I should approach the initial calibration. What other areas/tables do I need to make initial changes to properly reflect the initial modifications? Any additional help will be greatly appreciated!

These are the changes I have made initially:

""

[img="blob:https://www.hpacademy.com/63990506-ab94-49fb-a121-5a80975fd7cd" alt="" alt="" ]

P.S. Injector specs below

""

[img="blob:https://www.hpacademy.com/c8a3c683-b918-4ebc-acd4-69b7abcbf5c1" alt="" alt="" ]

All vehicle modifications:

2017 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic

Performance Package 1

Running 93 Octane Race tune, Remote third-party tuner

Alterum Rear Seat Delete; Black

Barton Pop Up Collar; Brushed Aluminum

DeatschWerks In-Tank Fuel Pump with Install Kit; 415 LPH

Ford Performance Coyote Style 5.0 Fender Emblems; Black

Ford Performance Cut and Clamp Resonator Delete X-Pipe

Ford Performance GT350 5.2L Voodoo Intake Manifold

Ford Performance Hood Strut Kit with Ford Performance Logo

Ford Performance Oil-Air Separator

Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter

Ford Performance Spark Plugs

Ford Mustang Digital Gauge Instrument Panel Speedometer Cluster Upgrade

Fuel Injector Clinic High-Z Impedance Fuel Injectors; 1000cc

Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates

Modern Billet Clutch Pedal Extension

MP Concepts Full Replacement Decklid Panel; Gloss Black

ROUSH Cold Air Intake; 105mm MAF Bore (currently 85mm MAF bore installed for initial calibration)

ROUSH Quad Tip Active Exhaust Kit

ROUSH Real Valance Kit Prepped for Backup Sensors

SEC10 Light Tint; Smoked

Steeda Shifter Base Bushing

Steeda Clutch Spring Assist 35 Pounds Per Inch

Looks like your on the right track! I also dumped Cobb and the tuning services of EMS. But, I haven't made any real progress on my Ecoboost Mustang, other than purchasing Electronic Tuning Courses from HP Academy and Hardware from HPtuners, but No Regrets! Good Luck on your adventures!!

Thanks! I have a 2022 EcoBoost to tune next!

Hello fellow tuners,

I totally ignored my work laptop today to make some changes to the calibration. Here's what I came up with. I've also attached the tune and log files.

After writing these changes to the vehicle, I logged a 10-minute idle log. The engine started straight away then immediately the RPM's went down for a few seconds then the ECU recovered it to idle. After a little while, the idle seemed to smooth out be okay and I didn't see any hits on the STFT or LTFT. Maybe that's a good thing?! I will be driving 30 miles to work tonight logging as I go. Wanted to see how the Standalone Logging feature works on the new HP Tuners gen3 device.

Any help received will be appreciated and reciprocated! I am building my skills to make this a part-time gig from the home garage. Anyone that helps me now, I will gladly assist if I know how too.

""

""

""

I hope that I have VCM Scanner configured correctly. I have also attached a ZIP file of my layouts, charts, graphs, etc. Please let me know if I have any of them wrong. I am particularly interested in Chart vs. Time groupings configuration and Graphs. For example, when creating the AFR Err graph, I'm not sure what parameter to use for the Row Axis (see below).

""

And in the chart configuration below, I have the Limits set to 25/-25. Are those too high, too low?

""

Thanks for making to the end of this post!

Ron Cantrell

CantrellPower Tunes

New Port Richey, FL

Attached Files
  • Angel17_Cantrell.PowerTunes_v1.0.0_MAF85mm-Injectors1000cc-IntakeGT350-Baseline.Log-20230525.hpl
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• Angel17_Cantrell.PowerTunes_v1.0.0_MAF85mm-Injectors1000cc-IntakeGT350-Baseline.Tune.hpt
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

Moving to the Build Threads topic by end of the day.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?