Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Injector scaling Subaru dw1200

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

I just got 2005 Subaru outback xt going and my 50 miles break-in. I have loaded up the injector scaling and latencies given by DW. First thing I noticed was the car didn't want to idle at 750 rpm, so I increased idle to 1000 for the time being to break in the engine. All that is different with the intake is a mishimoto turbo inlet which supposedly does not need a tune and a k&n drop in filter. I can't fit the factory turbo inlet, but I do have the oem paper filter I can put back in. I think most of my fueling error is from the bigger injectors. If anyone has any advice to give me, it would be greatly appreciated. I was just going to try lowering the injector scalings until the trims evened out but I think the issue may be deeper than that.

It has bc 272 cams in it as well so that might also have something to do with the idle.

Thanks

I Set the injector scaling to 1000cc from dw stated 1065, and that seemed to help out a lot with the learned trim values I'm seeing. The long term trims at idle have been lowered, and the car will now idle at 750 rpm. when I open the learning table values in romraider the 0 to 5.59 (g/s) fuel trim is at 9% but the rest of the ranges are now really close to zero. Could this be because the cams want more fuel at idle? I also have an oil leak i need to locate and an exhaust leak coming from the manifold to up pipe joint that I need to address before I continue tuning. I also logged A/F correction #3 and it is all over the place. Should i remove the rear o2 sensor since i don't have cats anymore?

youd probably do well to set the injector settings/scale according to DWs test numbers with the recommended method. cobb tuning has a nice writeup on the scalar number. with those cams you probably will want your idle a little higher ~850-900. if you have access to low pulsewidth injector adders thats where you would want to make changes for idle correction assuming your air flow meter curve is in check. you will probably want a little more fueling at idle if you have the tables to adjust for that.

to tune the Air flow meter curve properly in open loop you will need a wideband O2 and make adjustments based on the error from commanded AFR

So your saying I should set the injector scalings back to 1065? Before I changed it the LTFT were at 14% or higher in all the airflow ranges. Now they are close to zero except for idle and cruise. I am no expert by any means but I feel like that large of a discrepancy is not caused by my maf scaling on a pretty much stock intake system. I was thinking my next move would be to increase the injectors latency values because they have more of an effect on low injector pulse widths. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also I have a wideband so I got that covered.

maybe i should say that its easy to bake errors into the tune with adjustments like that. so it would be worthwhile to check your fuel pressure and maf scaling under medium and high load conditions. usually injector test data is pretty accurate.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?