Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

K20/K24 cam degree stuck at 107

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi all I was wondering if anyone out there had a basemap designed specifically for a k20/k24a2 frank or can help me with mine. The basemap Im using is the 04-05 TSX on 91 and my cam degree is constantly at 107 which is making my fuel table stay in the 50 degree table same with ignition. The car drives fine for awhile but then the idle stays at almost 2k and I have to depress the clutch until my idle goes back to about 1200. The mods are as follows:

Kpro v4

Stock k20a2 head

K24a2 bottom

Type-s oil pump

Aem cold air intake

Acuity TPS

Deatschwerks 1000cc injs

Skunk2 alpha header

Ktuned 72mm TB

RBC Manifold

Stock fuel pump but I have a Deatschwerks 265lph pump ready to go once I can resolve my cam degree issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

any error codes in the ecu?

are you sure you've got the cams timed correctly?

are you sure the vtc wheel isnt playing up somehow?

do *all* the other sensors show "normal" readings in the logs?

what crank angle sensor are you using? k20 or k24? they are slightly different - got a spare you can try?

got a spare cam angle sensor you could try?

if you lock the ecu timing to 0deg - whats it showing on the crank pulley with a timing light?

https://www.k20a.org/threads/help-on-k20a-crank-and-cam-trigger-wheels.85125/ - post number 2 has some interesting info about losing vtc if a sensor is playing up but the engine will run - but that should throw an error code in the ecu at the very least

have you tried a totally different map off the hondata vault of maps with the same engine cc rating and injector sizing to see if the car would start and idle normally? maybe its a corrupted map your using as a base your working from?

what things have you checked and tried?

The only code that pops up is P0341 for a cam performance code.

Yes I double checked everything before i put the motor together and in the car

There arent any codes for the VTC although if I can recall I did use the VTC from the head off of the k24a2 I got.

All the other sensors read "normal". Im using the k24 crank sensor because it didnt start with the k20 sensor. The cam sensors that came with the head I ordered they didnt work at first so I swapped them out for "new" ones

How do I lock the timing to 0 deg? I also dont have a timing light.

I do have 2 other TSX maps I was gonna try out to see if anything changes I just know that the way thoughs are configured its for a complete k24 swap and not a frank swap

Thanks for the link and the reply. Ill go check it out

I also found this if you have not already found it yourself :)

I'm guessing if it starts and runs - then the issue could be more with the wiring or the cam sensor (maybe got a bad one?) but i'm guessing wiring or plug or broken wire - try doing continuity testing on them with a multimeter and also against the other wires leading to the cam sensor to see if theyre broken or shorting.

Testing other maps even if the cams and head are different should still let it start and run (in theory) and prove if its the map you have or something else - but the diag code seems to think its these things below.

Good luck with the research and diags etc let us know when you get it sorted in case other people come across it as well :)

---------------------------------------------------

Code P0341 Honda Possible Causes

Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor

Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted

Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Faulty starter motor

Starting system circuit

Dead (Weak) battery

from this page: https://www.autocodes.com/p0341_honda.html

Code P0341 Honda Possible Causes Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty starter motor Starting system circuit Dead (Weak) battery

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0341_honda.html

Code P0341 Honda Possible Causes Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection Faulty starter motor Starting system circuit Dead (Weak) battery

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0341_honda.html

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?