Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

MoTec M130 K20Z1 Start File

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a start file for a K20Z1 using an M130.

I have a K20Z1 swapped AE82 rally car that is finally ready to start!

It's the camshaft setup and VTEC I am struggling with. I have everything else sorted, (well comfortable with doing)

I'm very worried about doing damage with the incorrect cam control setup.

I'm using a GPRP package, but I'm happy to merge the two.

Link to an older video of the build! https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSR2LEE32/?k=1

I'm not looking for a freebie, I'm happy to pay as I very much understand the time that goes into these.

Thanks so much,

Adrian

adrianstratfordmotorsport@gmail.com

If the engine is properly assembled, there is no risk of damage due to any VVT programming. The engine is mechanically limited as to how much cam advance is allowed. Easiest way to get started is to just disconnect both Vtec and VVT solenoids. Once the engine starts and idles, then you can connect those and checkout the cam control.

I will email you a GPR package I did for a Norma sports racer with a K20. The wiring in this car was adapted from a harness built for a different ECU, so it's missing things like knock sensors. Cam control and VTEC were both working on this engine. This firmware is based on an older version of GPR that I built and ran on my ECU with a development license.

Good Luck!

Hi David,

Thank you so much for that.

A huge help, especially knowing that the engine mechanically limited. It is a stock unopened engine so we should be ok!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?