Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Turbo S2000 lean buck

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey all,

I have a 2001 s2000 with a gt3582r, built block (9:1 compression), built head, id2000 injectors, and an AEM infinity ecu. I am having a bad bucking issue when I am WOT at around 6k rpm. Sometimes it is at around 6.5k rpm, but normally 6,000.

I am unclear as to what is causing the bucking issue. If I could get any pointers that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Elliot O

Have you setup the Infinity ECU to log data such as Fuel Pressure, Ignition Timing, VTEC status, Cam Position, Manifold Pressure, TPS, Injector pulse width, Air temperature, Battery Voltage, Crank Sensor or Cam sensor errors? Is there any correlation (i.e. a sudden change) with any of those parameters when the problem occurs?

Are you sure you aren't having issues with the ECU instigating a cut for some reason? Perhaps a boost cut? Is this a new problem or has it been there since you've had the car running? Have you had it on a dyno? As David suggested, get some data and look at the parameters changing at the point you're having problems.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?