Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Vvti on m800 ecu

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

hello i have recieved a nissan patrol that has a toyota tundra 5.7 v8 engine installed into it, i have looked for a oem trigger im the ref/sync mode but i couldnt find any that could run it, so i was planning to cut all the tooth on the cam sensor and keep one to use mode 7 and sync it.

also i have wired the vvti as following

R/H INTAKE CAM SENSOR .11B

R/H EX CAM .10B

L/H CAM .9B

L/H EX .8B

R/H Vvti intake .31A

R/H Vvti EX .32A

VVTI INTAKE L/H. 24A

VVTI EX L/H. 23A

I would like to know what should option should i put in the digital inputs and should i control the outputs with aux tables?

Attached Files

This isn't an engine that I'm familiar with unfortunately so I can't offer first hand help. Typically when you're dealing with variable cam engines, the trigger mode will be specific to the engine manufacturer and this needs to be understood by the ECU in order to read cam position and control it. A single tooth on the cam will not provide enough resolution to adequately control the cam position. We tuned an M150 ECU a year or two back on a Toyota 1UZFE VVTi engine (which I'm boldly assuming may offer similar trigger information) and at the time MoTeC needed to write a trigger mode for the engine based on the data we provided. The M800 however does operate cam control a little differently to the M1.

I'll ask Blackrex if he can jump in and offer some options for you.

Thanks andre will be waiting

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?