Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hi from the UK Lexus IS200 Turbo 1GFE

Member Introductions

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Tell us a little about you. What cars you are interested, where you are from and why you are interested in learning to tune.

= Resolved threads

Author

Thought i better introduce my self!! I'm James Berry and Ive built a Lexus IS200 Turbo withe the original engine and low compression pistons from the 1G-GTE engine. Ive had the car running approximately a year now but never got it fully setup. My main problems have been the setting up as there is no base setting for the 1GFE engine. i still need to do the VVT settings on my Link G4+ storm ecu and Knock setup. Ive done all the work my self so i have a basic fuel and timing map that is safe but soon as i get the last bits setup up ill be taking to THOR Racing to get mapped. Should push 300-350 BHP when complete standard the Lexus IS200 is 156BHP.

Attached Files

Hi just wanted to say also i watch all the webinars!! very good. I noticed that on my new version of link software the VE fuel webinar version is different as some of the setting are not on the new version like engine cc and injector cc.

Wellcome to the forum James. You're Lexus sounds like an interesting project, how long have you been on with it?

Ive been doing this for roughly 2 years im a member/administrator of Outlawjapclub i take it to all the shows we attend. Every time i drive it im smiling from ear to ear lol.

Hi James, welcome to the forum. Thor closed their doors this year and had their dyno up for sale.

Which turbo are you running?

Hi mate

I spoke to link roughly 2 weeks ago and they informed me that Thor were still open but had sold part of the business! Well this is bad news it was the only place I knew of that mapped the link ecu :(

Hi

sorry forgot to mention what turbo Garrett gt35

GT35 will push plenty of air for that target figure, I'm just finishing a build for a 1JZ running a GT35 and we'll be aiming for 500 at the hubs.

I'm not sure how much of the business has gone but the announcement looked pretty certain he was closing that business to concentrate on his consultancy work.

I can map the Link G4+ but I'm up in Scotland

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?