Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Porsche 935K3 with a modern twist - Full MoTeC ;)

Member Introductions

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Tell us a little about you. What cars you are interested, where you are from and why you are interested in learning to tune.

= Resolved threads

Author

G'Day!, thought it is time I introduce myself and my Project to HP Forum. I have been poking around at the forum and following courses for some time now. Do hope that I can get some advice along the way to further develop and build my Project, in particular on the Electrical Part of the build.

My name is Erik, a Dutch Man living in Malaysia and a mad Porsche Fan, amateur racing a 1974 Porsche 911-RSR replica in Classic Races. Currently building for the last 4 years one of Porsche's greatest Racing Cars, a 935K3, the Le Mans winning car of 1979, with my twist on the overall design, looks, feel and performance.

Data 935K3:

Basis - 911turbo 1979

Chassis - fully converted to 935K3 - copied from original version

Body Panels - full glass fibre 935K3, third version of the Kremer Brothers

Suspension - full 935K3 setup - pickup points rear raised approx. 50mm

Wheels - BBS Centre Locks - 23.5x20.5-16 / 28.5x14.5-18

Seats - Lolly Pop

Windows - Polycarbonate

Gearbox - 911turbo 4-speed, upside down

Engine 1 - 911 turbo, converted to 935 - stroke/bore 70.4x98mm, individual 935 throttle bodies converted to EFI injection, Horse Shoe / Intercooler - Air to Air (Kremer version, Porsche factory cars had Water to Air versions) - massive aftermarket oil pump with 3 scavengers - twinspark ignition c/w Bosch 8pins CDI's - 2 BorgWargner Turbo's - Flat fan and many more 935 goodies.

Engine 2 - extreme 935 - 2 KKK K27 Turbo's - target 800bhp limit and 800Nm @ 1.4 bar boost, same as those cars where running in the late seventies and early eighties.

Electric - Full MoTeC, M190 - C187 - D153, PDM32 & 16, Bosch 8pin CDI's (2x), RSR/934/935 distributor, EFI., incl. traction control!!! Yah, did build the tone-wheel in the swing arms at the rear already. Who said that old Porsche can't have modern controls?? ;)

Dashboard - Original Porsche Gauges incl. rare 935 mechanical boots gauge 2 bar

Center Console - Gauges for Fuel Press. / Oil Press. Gearbox / Oil Temp. Gearbox and C187

Current Weight - 940kg

I have for sure left out many other specifications since the list is too extensive.

Attached Files

Wow, this is a really cool project! And only picked the finest components.

Very nice machine, must be super fun to drive it !!

Hi Erik,

Welcome to HPA, thanks for sharing such an awesome build

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?