Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Controlling Subaru DCCD with MoTeC C125

Off Topic Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

If it's not really about tuning or wiring. Then it belongs in here.

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello,

I have a Impreza WRX track car that I am completely rewiring front to back and I'm in the planning stage now.

I believe I can use my MoTeC C125 to control the centre diff? I have only really ever used a dash for logging so I don't have much experience. Have been using a Map DCCD box that has worked great, but was looking to simplify wiring and have one less box in the car.

Can anyone give me any tips or point me in the right direction?

For reference C125 has I/O unlocked, ECU is M84 and also using PDM15 and obviously all the required inputs will be wired in.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You would have to build a map from scratch.

Aidan,

Best to keep in mind the dash cannot drive that level of current itself, and Motec PDM can't do PWM outputs, so you will need some additional hardware to pulse the DCCD coil. You need the ability to take a low side PWM output and convert it into a high side, high amp output.

I run a module which was made specifically for this purpose, accepting a PWM input from dash or ECU, then driving the DCCD output and doing so with adequate heat control. It's been in use on my touring car and will be released to the public relatively soon, including wires for simple override to full lock and e-brake disengage.

In the meantime, you could use a Motec Dual Half Bridge Module. They're a bit more costly and wouldn't have the external overrides built in, but it would allow you to move your project forward now.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

What you have mentioned was exactly what I wasn't sure about. I may just use my Map DCCD unit as I already have it.

Your module sounds cool, keep us updated! Sounds like it might be good for future projects.

You're welcome! Map DCCD is a good product for now, and down the road I think you'll enjoy deciding on your own control strategy.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?