Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Powerbox HP8441 vs Ecumaster PMU16AS?

PDM Installation & Configuration

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course PDM Installation & Configuration

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello,

I am looking to integrate a PDM into an EV project and I was wondering if anyone has experience in HP8441 and/or PMU16AS and could perhaps share any feedback/comparison on software, IO, expandability and CAN switches etc? Any feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Christos

Have you downloaded and played with the software yet? They are both available on the companies websites?

Hey Denis, yes I downloaded them and played a bit with both, a bit difficult to get the full picture without having both PDMs and compare..

I have a bit of experience with the EcuMaster PDM16, not the AS version, but I really like how versatile and intuitive the software is. AS version have 2x 40A and 14x 25A outputs, and 6x lowside outputs. It has 16 analog input with selectable pullup and pulldown and it also has a 256mb of datalogging memory. For expandability, I used it with their CAN Switchboard which have a couple of analog and digital in for switches or rotary. The CAN is really easy to work with if you need to do custom messaging or plug other component via CAN.

I would recommand this product from EcuMaster. There's a worked example of the PMU16 on the HPA PDM Installation and Configuration course if you want to see a little bit more about it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the PMU16 Frank, much appreciated :)

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?