Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

2014 ram 3500 68 rfe

Practical Diesel Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Diesel Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello I am tuning my 2014 ram 6.7 Cummings with 68 rfe transmission built tranny. I am using hp tuners and I'm try to figure out how to keep the tcc applied when shifting. On 4 and 5th it goes from full to partial lock the back to full. Thank you

The tables don't exist in HPT, we're talking the template guy over there to get them added.

-Nick

helllo im new to tuning and i have a 2015 ram 2500 with 68rfe trans i just bought the truck a couple months ago and im going to be upgrading the valve body and solenoid pack. so my question is how do i tune my 68rfe im not looking at anything wild. pretty much all i need to do is up the line pressure can someone give me insight on how to do that. ill be using hptuners. im wanting to get into tuning. if anyone could help me i would graetly appreciate it.

Hey Nick p. Would you be able to help me? I have hp tuners and efi live platforms. I am trying to figure out how to get full locked shifts. I had a company tune the truck years ago but there out of business and then I paid a company that did tune the truck good. They used all stock transmission tuning. I have a fixed Borg Warner sce 367/ ar 1.00 with fully built transmission. I have user defined parameters for HP and I have got some of the addresses open but Im not sure what they are for sure.

Shawn:

I've attached a picture of HPT support on a 68rfe truck. It's a pretty straight forward slope/intercept system. Basically while driving, the truck starts at minimum line pressure and then ramps up based on 'line pressure gain per gear' factor to the 'maximum line pressure' while holding a gear or 'maximum line pressure per gear' if it's shifting. Raising the gain will bring line pressure in more aggressively at low pedal positions and can be used to soften or firm up part throttle shifts. Raise or lower the maximums to achieve the desired pressures for driving and shifting.

It should be noted that there is a mechanical relief in the system that usually bleeds pressure off between 175-185 psi unless the valve body has been modified.

Raymond: You'll have to consult the supplier of your UDP doc for specifics on enabling locked shifts.

-Nick

Attached Files

Nick p thank you.

Raymond, If you use MM3 and WARP tuning. I know how to do locked shifts as it has the TCC schedule table for it. feel free to email me at catuningsales@outlook.com and we can get you setup

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?