Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

2007 STI speed density + injectors

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

I've got a speed density base map running and I have been focusing on steady state tuning for my injectors which are older PE800cc.

I was running a cobb SD protune and had to swap my turbo as it failed at the race track and then all of the crap with the EPA hit the US and the aftermarket community (I have zero emissions equipment = track car) so after replacing my turbo (GTX3071R GEN II) I've gone back to opensource tuning and learning myself. So, with the help of a guy who's tuned other 2007 STIs I got a SD basemap running. He used the VE table from another 2007 STI he's tuned since I was already set up for SD and to calculate VE from a MAF setup wasn't really an option. Car drives pretty solid so far.

So, back to steady state tuning (closed loop). I had the injectors pretty dialed in with 790cc and latency at 1.28ms @ 14v. Doing road tuning so the data I've gathered around ~3250 rpm varies some based on load due to slight up hill or down hill etc. I don't see consistent total trims with the load variations but I do see an overall positive total trim for various light loads at ~3250 rpm.

For example:

Idle was ~ -3.7 total trim

3270rpm load 0.463 total trim +3.68

3270rpm load 0.511 total trim +1.453

Since my last logging session I've since adjusted latency to 1.23ms @ 14v and flow to 785cc. I have not gone back out yet to gather more data at higher rpm/load except idle conditions where i'm seeing near perfect total trims.

So, I guess my real questions are:

1) how do I know when to stop playing with flow scaling and latency and focus in on fine tuning the VE table?

2) How do I know I'm ready for WOT? I believe I am and under partial boost/throttle it looks pretty solid.

3) Should I go crazy with adjusting the VE table or focus in on the primary open loop fueling table for fine tuning AFR?

(FYI using Mega Log for viewing data which is awesome and I've gone through a lot of your videos up through practical reflash tuning and I love it thanks!)

Attached Files

Injector latency is still to high. You want it dialed in at around 1ms give or take and targeted around 14-7. Also change the corect maps that have to be changed in the rom file. Set the watsegate duty to zero and tune from there. Also work on cold start and decel fuel cut will get you in the ball park where you need to be.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?