Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

2015+ Subaru WRX Tuning (TGV/EGR)

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello,

I’ve watched the worked example with a 2015 Subaru WRX and I was wondering how that reflash tuning process changes if you remove the TGVs (Tumble Generator Valves) and EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system from the engine. I understand that DTCs will need to be removed but other than that, what general changes or considerations should be made to the tune’s tables? I’m especially curious about the AVCS Intake and Exhaust Cam tables. Thank you!

You're right in so much as you'll need to disable the relevant DTCs if you want to remove EGR/TGV. The actual tuning process however really doesn't vary too much beyond the worked example though, particularly at WOT. Often the VVT system can be used to aid EGR in the cruise position so you may find benefit from modifying the VVT targets. I can't really give you any specifics here but you can follow some of the VVT tuning webinars to see the process (albeit on a standalone). The M1 FA20 example would be most relevant to you.

Hey guys,

I have two questions for you regarding TGV/ EGR delite.

1. If I understood correctly, I will have to disable the following code : P0400/ P1492 to P2022. Did I forget something?

2. Will I have any changes to make on the tables where the TGVs / EGR change differently from their actions? Ex: Closed Loop Fueling Target Base (Main) D (TGV Open Output) (Lower EGR) vs Closed Loop Fueling Target Base (Main) A (TGV Close Output) (Higher EGR). Do I have to change all the tables in the same group and set the same variables for all the standardized ones or I don't have to worry about it because I have disable the relevant DTCs.

Thank you and sorry for my English it is not my 1st language. I understand much better than I write.

I am trying to tune my own wrx 2019. I also have removed TGV and EGR so what I did was to copy all tgv close tables in open tgv tables on avcs group. On EGR tables I copied low EGR in high EGR tables. Also forced close loop as explained in worked example shown on flash tuning course.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?