Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Doing my first remap - Suzuki SX4 1,6 107hp

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi,

Anyone got experience with open source remapping software for a Suzuki SX4 1,6 HP ? I'm just starting up on my first practical task, after completing the "Practical reflash tuning" course, and will be "training" on my own car. I would like to start up slowly without investing 3000 EURO in hard- and software, before I even tuned my first car.

Does anyone also have experience with FOXFlash https://www.iecutool.com/wholesale/foxflash-ecu-tcu-chip-tuning-tool.html - Chinese product all over the internet.

Hope to get some help, cause I'm lost.

/Simon

Hey, All I would recommend is invest in reliable equipment before you brick your ECU.

If you lose connection while writing, you're done.

I personally prefer magic motorsport flex. Master tool. And for remapping I prefer ECM titanium.

Hi Aymen,

Thanks for your anwser :) NOTED!

Evening Simon, did you end up going through with acquiring a tool and software?

Hi James,

I´m still very confused about a lot, but I actually bought the KT200 ECU programmer (chinese product) and managed to read the ECU from the old Suzuki :) I plan on learning WinOLS, so I´m using the demo right now for the read I did - But I don´t have the mappacks or damos, so it aint easy.

But at least progress :)

Does the SX4 use a Denso ECU? If so do you know the model of ECU?

I have a M series powered Suzuki with a Denso ECU that I would like to try to get in and play with but the model isn't super common so I don't see it listed as supported anywhere but surely it's not that much different.

Hi James,

The ECU is a Bosch ME17.9.51. I managed to read it with the KT200. I'm missing the map pack though, and searching everywhere to find them.

I do see that som of the SX4 actually comes with a Denso ECU, I actually think that the KT200 can read it.. Not sure though.

start a free account with stagex 2.0, you can upload your binary file and the site will let you know if they have a mappack. you can purchase tokens for their mappacks. import and export are free. I don't like it as much as winols for comparing files and defining new maps, but I still hav'nt purchased winols either, so I use them both for the file I am trying to develop.

also try https://damos-files.ru/other-damos/ but you may need a licensed winols in order to purchase

Hi Isuzu,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Will do so :)

/Simon

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?