Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

ECUTEK for 370z: Learning the Ropes

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello this is my first thread I've made here.

I currently work at a dyno shop, and I've found myself in a unique situation. I've been learning on HP Tuners as an "Apprentice Tuner" at my shop, but they only do domestic cars like Corvettes, Camaros, and other American cars. I, however, am interested in McLarens, Porsches, 370z, 350z, MK5 Supras, BMWs, etc. Essentially I like the imports, euros, and supercars. I have access to quite a few McLarens (GT, 650s, 720s), LC500, MK5 Supra, 370z, BMWs (M3, N54, N52), and others.

Now, I have completed quite a bit of HP Academy, and I have already tuned quite a few C7 Corvettes, CTS-Vs, Camaros, and Mustangs, but I've never played with Motec, ECUTEK, M-Engineering, VF Tuner, or BootMod3. Now, I have gotten permission from the shop owner to bring my own clients and essentially start a JDM/Euro division of his company and give him a cut of what I charge to tune them. It's either I do that and still have access to a dyno and a professional tuner I can lean on for advice, or I go out, try to start my own shop, and brave the world of starting my own business (I plan to start my own business later on I would just rather get more comfortable with tuning first).

Where I want to start is ECUTEK and go from there. From what I've read online and in these forums, the ProECU kit is insufficient to tune chassis other than the ND Miata and the BRZ/FRS/86 platforms. I have my own 370z, and I'd like to learn ECUTEK hands-on with my own car before touching a client's car with software I haven't personally used before. How do I get started here? Do I reach out to ECUTEK and inquire about becoming a dealer? Is there something I'm missing with the ProECU Kit that would allow me to tune a 370z and other chassis for customers once I learn the software better? Also, is there a minimum amount of kits I have to order when becoming an ECUTEK Dealer?

Once I get more tuning under my belt and get some tunes rolling out I'd like to pick up tuning McLarens for friends I have that said they are more than willing to allow me to tune their McLarens, but I haven't found any software from my searching that would allow me to custom tune them. Any software you guys are using for those platforms that someone can point me to?

Thanks in advance.

Yup you'd reach out to Ecutek about becoming one of their pro tuners. They sell software per platform, and can answer your questions on minimum initial purchase. The PRI show is coming up and sometimes they do show specials, so you may want to ask about that.

I want to be a pro tuner ? Could anyone help

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?