Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

injector issues 1000cc bosch FRS

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

having some issues with getting my 1000cc bosch injectors tuned in.

first off I started this morning and had everything running pretty ok, definitely off a bit but running and going all the way through the rpm range.

I talked with the company that sold me the injectors and got the correct dead time data for what they sold me. plugged that all in.

car seemed more on point at idle but now when I rev through the rpm range it breaks up at about 4000rpm pushes through it but is breaking up all the way through. been trying to play with it and adjust it but nothing is making anything any different and now it revs up starts to break up around 5000rpm throws a check engine light for a p1264. DI injector circuit / open cylinder #4.

clear it happens again. went back to the tune I started with this morning to see if it was something that I did or adjusted that would be causing it even though I don't thin it is. after switching back I rev the car up and it does the same thing except this time it throws a code for p1262 DI injector open circuit cylinder #2.

so my question is, is there something in my tune that I did that can be causing this or does it seem more like an injector driver having issues.

attached are my 2 tunes I was working off of and a couple log files. if anyone could please look at this and see what I screwed up if I did screw something up or if it is more like a DI driver issue

the file that says adjusted 3 is the correct dead times I got from the company that sold me the injectors the other file is what I found online.

Thank you in advance I really hope someone can help with this.

Attached Files
  • ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted-1-05-09-2018-13-23-14.csv
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted-1.bin
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

• ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted-3-05-09-2018-12-45-14.csv

• ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted-3.bin

• ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted-4-05-09-2018-13-03-41.csv

• ZA1JA01C-enc-jon-mans-pump-91-tune-1000cc-adjusted.bin

I'd say that there's something mechanically wrong here rather than something you've done in the calibration. An open circuit fault is pretty likely down to the wiring or the injector amplifier box that bolts to the passengers side of engine. You need to remove the injector driver box to change the port injectors so my first guess is that the plugs simply aren't seated properly. You also need to have the injector driver box earthed to the engine or the DI injectors won't operate.

On a separate note, you'll find that in a Subaru calibration the dead time data you have won't match what you need to enter into the ECU (I know that sounds backwards). You need to go through the 'scaling injectors' section of the course and follow the steps presented there.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?