Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

UpRev: VQ35DE (2004 Infiniti G35)

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey everyone, I am going to be using UpRev to tune my VQ35DE (2004 Infiniti G35) that I just got done building to be a high-compression (11:1) naturally aspirated high revving engine with bigger cams and forged internals. The engine is finally back in the car and runs!! Now it will sit and idle calmly and warm up all day. But just as soon as little throttle input is given, it wants to die after going up to 2k - 3k RPMs, so I upped the idle targets which helped but I'm trying to learn what changes I should be looking to make next to keep it idling.

Does UpRev allow live monitoring or logging? If so duplicate the problem and note what changes when the engine stops accelerating -- are all the sensor values sensible (like Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) , Mass Air Flow (MAF), Throttle Position)? Do you have the ability to monitor a wideband Lambda or Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) values -- what happens? My guess is the fuel map / VE table is too lean for your new cam, so you will see the mixture go lean.

I just re-read your post -- perhaps I mis-understood. Does the engine run OK at higher RPMs, but dies when returning to idle? Or is it dying while accelerating?

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?