Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Koni 2817 spring seats

Suspension Tuning & Optimization

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Suspension Tuning & Optimization

= Resolved threads

Author

I have Koni 2817 two-way adjustable dampers. Unfortunately, I have a broken antiroll bar collar which is located between adjuster rings below the spring seat. I want to remove the collar and replace it but do not know how to remove the adjuster rings.

The cap (or bushing?) at the top of the body has a larger diameter than the threaded section below, which seems very unusual to me. In my previous experience the spring seat and adjuster rings can just thread off at one end, but the unthreaded part of the body is the same diameter as the threaded section so the parts will not pass over the bottom of the body either.

Does this damper need to be disassembled to remove the rings and antiroll bar collar? This seems strange so I am wondering what I am missing.

Attached Files

My best guess is the top ring is screwed onto the top thread*, or a shoulder, and needs to be removed with a "C" spanner. It may also have a locking grub screw to lock it in place, that will need to be removed.

*It's there to hold the damper in the strut body, if not actually screw it in.

Thanks Gord. Your guess is dead right.

There seems to be very little information on the web about these but I finally found a grainy picture in a pdf that showed it screwed into an internal thread in the body. I made up a little fixture to hold it while I rotated it and got it apart. It wasn't actually all that tight and would probably have come out with a pin wrench but I wanted to be careful with it. I appreciate the help.

Attached Files

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?