Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

VQ35DE (2004 G35 6MT) Street & Track

Build Threads

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Keep everyone up to date with how your project is coming along. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello everyone!

I just got done building to be a VQ35DE high-compression (11:1) forged Weisco pistons, forged eagle rods, balanced the rotating assembly, the whole 9-yds! It will be a naturally aspirated high revving engine with bigger cams (JWT C8 in and RZ2 ex) did I mention the forged internals lol.

The engine is finally back in the car and runs!! But it doesn't like to do much other than idle ....

So, I am using UpRev to tune. Now it will start cold and idle calmly up all day once but it dies as soon as I blip the throttle (right after the rpm comes back down) Also, when it is warm, it doesn't like to restart. *Disclaimer: I already changed the break in oil out of it and when I rev it it only goes up to 2k - 3k rpm

So far I upped the idle targets to about 1k rpm (was 650 rpm when warm) which helps but

I'm trying to learn what changes I should be looking to make next to keep progressing in the tune?

THANKS !!

Attached Files

Did you ever resolve this?

Asking because this is really common among cars that have an extra large intake tube and the stock MAF curve

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?