Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Decoding of the Sea Doo RXP 260 jet ski CAN bus message

CANBus Communications Decoded

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course CAN Bus Communications Decoded

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello everyone.

I installed the ECU MASTER Black on the SEA DOO RXP260 jet ski and am trying to set up data transmission via the can bus to the standard dashboard. I found out that the ID102 message contains the data necessary for transmission. The message looks like this ID102: 00 00 86 14 14 C5 00 43. Bytes 00 and 01 are RPM. Byte 02 is the position of the DBW flap. Byte 03 is CLT. Byte 04 is the IAT.

I can't figure out what bytes 05, 06 and 07 mean. Byte 05 does not change and is always C5. Byte 06 changes in cycles from 00 to 0F in increments of 01. Byte 07 changes in cycles, but there is a dependence on RPM. If RPM has a value of 0, then the values change like this 43, 42, 41, 40, 47,46,45,44,4B,4A,49,48,4F,4E,4D,4C. If the value is not 0, the data changes depending on RPM. The dashboard does not display data without bytes 05, 06 and 07.

I can't find the dependency and decode this data correctly. I would like to ask for help in solving this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Byte 6 sounds like a common "message counter", it will increament by one with each transmit and roll back to zero when it reaches a preset max, usually 0xFF. Byte 7 will be a checksum or CRC - so it will vary when any other byte in the message varies.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?