Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

M27500 - other uses

EFI Wiring Fundamentals

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Motorsport Wiring Fundamentals

= Resolved threads

Author

Needing maybe 10-20m worth of shielded cable over the couple of cars I have in the slow project pipeline, I did the logical thing and bought 1400ft for cheap (per metre, anyway). So given I have nearly 300m surplus, in addition to selling some of it off (anyone in NZ keen on cheap shielded wire?) I am trying to think of other parts of a harness it might be of use in and I wanted to check there was no technical reason not to. It's M27500-20SD2T23, so 2 core shielded 20AWG, and being SD (M22759/34) its basically a double insulated version of M22759/32 inside. So seems pretty decent.

In addition to engine position sensors and knock sensor, I was wondering if there is any reason not to use it (for example) if I make a breakout harness for the injectors / coils to run to those. Given the casing I wondered if I could simply avoid heatshrink... and having limited electrical knowledge I don't see how an unterminated shield would affect anything?

Also thinking about things like temperature sensors, but its not like it will sleeve nicely so I am thinking it is probably not suited to being significant parts of the main harness.

So - ok idea? Bad idea?

It will be fine, though bulky, and you should probably still heat shrink the ends to avoid stray shielded wire anyway.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?