Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Rs232

EFI Wiring Fundamentals

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Motorsport Wiring Fundamentals

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey guys,

Im currently running a Vems standalone ecu in my vw golf. Im in the process of wiring up an ecu master adu7 dash and am going to be connecting into to the ecu via rs232. Currently, the rs232 pins on ecu are being used by the serial to usb cable allowing me to connect pc to ecu. My question is, can i tap into the 2 rs232 wires coming out of the ecu to connect to my adu7? So id essentially have the serial to usb cable AND adu7 running on same ecu rs232 wires. Thanks

You can't share a bi-directional communication with more than one pair of devices. I would suggest that you use a connector to the dash, and disconnect this and connect the laptop when tuning / setup is required.

If the ECU is using a true USB bus, it can support, IIRC, a maximum of 32 or 127 devices, depending on interpretation.

If so, a simple un-powered $5 hub should work - just place it where it's convenient, plug it into the ECU and plug a USB-serial adaptor and USB extension into it and route their cables to a convenient connection location.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?