Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

GTX4088R for 1FZFE

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi

i plan to upgrade landcruiser 100 with 1FZFE engine to Turbo Charger, plan has 2 phase

it already have Haltech 750 and stage 1 Kelford cams and bigger theotrle body(from 70mm to 90mm)

Phase1: with stock internal to have about 12psi boost to have about 400whp and Phase2: to have about 25psi with upgrade internal.

This car is daily drive and long distance traveling and some times desert dune offroading “NOT A RACE CAR”

I need low and medium power

with Boost Advise software made by Garret and help of Borgwarner match bot, I saw the GTX4088R is suitable, can you advise am I right?

then there is 0.86, 0.95 and 1.06 Turbine AR

is the compressor unit is correct?

if yes can you help me which Turbine AR use as I said the safty and dueablity in long distance travels is important.

tnx

If you need low and mid range revs power go with something smaller than gtx4088. I would try Mamba turbo gtx3584 for 75 lbs or equivalent. You do not want to install such a big turbo not planning to use the full potential power.

The smaller the AR the earlier turbo will spool up ( which is what you need fir a heavy truck driving on the streets). However, if you choose the small AR it will effect you fuel economy when driving outside of city because the engine will be most likely seeing boost all time in cruise mode. So you will need to make a priority first - drivability on the streets or fuel economy in cruise mode.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?