Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

M&W Ignition (Pro-16b) M150 Configuration

MoTeC M1 Software Tutorial

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course MoTeC M1 Software Tutorial

= Resolved threads

Author

Anyone have a link to reference material for configuring the M150 to use a M&W CDI? According to M&W Tuning Instructions:

"CDI systems are ‘edge triggered’ and not effected by changes in dwell settings. M&W CDI systems may reduce combustion delay requiring a reduction in ignition timing. The resulting changes in combustion characteristics may also require alterations to fuel flow. Set ECU ignition delay to zero and tune engine as required."

Cheers,

Aaron

Just find out whether it wants rising edge or falling edge to trigger and make sure the MoTeC Ignition Setup matches. You can leave the coil charge time at the default values (according to what you put above). This is also what you do when using an MSD Ignition with an M1 ECU.

I noticed in the help menu the Ignition Coil Charge Time Main should be 0.5ms when using a MoTeC CDI, so I set my configuration to match this... and now I am getting an Ignition Output Diagnostic = Invalid Restrike Charge. Help menu states "Restrike Charge Time is invalid and has been limited to the supported range".

I checked my restrike settings... all are at the minimum from the help menu:

Restrike Angel = 5*

Restrike Count = 0

Restrike Charge = 1%

Not 100% confident what each of these do, but would think that a restrike count = 0 would essentially eliminate restrike functionality.

Guessing the error is due to the low charge time of 0.5ms and a restrike charge time of 1%... guessing .005ms falls outside of some threshold.

It's caused by the Ignition Coil Charge Time Minimum dropping below 0.5ms and the calculated Ignition Coil Charge Time Restrike time being below the validated minimums. If you change the Ignition Restrike Charge value to 2%, the diagnostic goes away.

Thank you!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?